Job Opportunities at LCC
Lead a ministry that changes lives... join us at Longview Christian Church.
We're looking for a passionate ministry leader to join our team-focused staff to lead youth and use his God-given gifts to shepherd the community of LCC.
Apply for our Associate Minister with Youth Emphasis position
Minister to Youth
We've assembled an amazing team of leaders who are passionate about leading youth to know Christ. It's a vibrant and healthy ministry of LCC, but we'd like to have a leader to facilitate making it even more awesome.
Join a Team
Our staff understands the value of operating as a team. Every minister, director, and admin has their role, but everyone supports each other to further the ministry of the Church.
Tailor Your Role
This role is mostly about youth, but another part is completely based on your God-given gifts. It could be music, digital media, outreach, worship...we want a role perfect for you and LCC.
LCC is a community of approximately 400 believers located in Longview, TX (about 2 hrs east of Dallas, TX). Founded by the merger of two churches in 1990, we are an independent, non-denominational Christian Church.
LCC is known in the community and to visitors as an open and welcoming place. We believe in spreading the gospel of Christ as a beacon of hope, serving as the hands and feet of Jesus in our messy world. In recent years, we have planted our flag on the tag line, "Real God. Messy People. Changed Lives.", and it is the centering statement for who we are and what we do.
Currently, our staff is made up of 2 full time ministers and 2 part time directors and support.
|Family Minister, Troy Bayne|
|Teaching Minister, Bob Sieh|
|Children's Director, Diana Bayne|
|Administrative Assistant, Robin Dahl|
LCC is mostly made up of a growing young adult and young family presence, but has a wide spread of age demographics.
With 18% of our general budget designated for missions, LCC believes in fostering a ferver for missions both locally and globally.
Through the youth ministry, LCC has seen many students and families come to know and love Jesus and be challenged to passionately follow Him.
Our small groups are a significant part of LCC. They bring people of all ages together to focus on caring for each other within as a community of believers.
Worship attendance is not the ultimate metric about life at LCC, but it does help give a feel for LCC's size.
Full Job Description
Longview Christian Church (LCC) exists to introduce Messy People to the one Real God producing eternally Changed Lives through Christ for His glory. LCC is pursuing an individual to join us in an associate minister role with a focus on the oversight and development of our youth programming and ministries (6th – 12th grades). Our search is based on the guiding belief that God has called us to ‘staff to grow’ based on His blessings of stable growth over the past several years. As such, some of the roles and responsibilities for this man will be determined by his own interests and giftedness along with the needs that develop out of the continued growth of LCC. The initial expectation is approximately 70% youth and 30% to these other areas.
LCC has a strong belief in team lead youth ministry rather than by one individual. This concept and other guiding principles can be discerned from the link above referencing “Youth Ministry Philosophy”. This associate minister role would have oversight and leadership responsibilities along with active participation; however, he must also be able to delegate significant roles and responsibilities to youth ministry leaders and teams.
- Responsible for the development and oversight of youth programming and ministries for LCC (6th - 12th) outlined in “Youth Ministry of LCC” (approx. 70%)
- Responsible for working with existing youth ministry leaders/teams and the recruiting and training of future leaders and team members) by incorporating the team concept and principles
- Oversight of existing programming and youth activities and a resource person for new programs and activities
- Seeks and establishes supporting and collaborative relationships with parents of youth
- Ensures the scheduling of various activities is coordinated with other church functions
- Participates on the LCC Preaching Team (meets weekly with team to facilitate a unified worship service in message and to preach approximately 2 – 3 times per year)
- Coordinates his weekly schedule with the Family Minister, Teaching Minister, and church office
- Regularly attends Elder meetings as requested by the Elders.
- Provides updates on spiritual growth and development of youth program and other areas of responsibilities
- Helps determine other areas of responsibilities, initially based on areas of interest and giftedness (approx. 30%)
- Growth of roles and responsibilities over time based on needs developed out of continued growth of LCC
- Assists in the pastoral ministry
- Possesses a real and personal relationship with God, reflected by the spiritual disciplines of prayer and scripture study
- Undergraduate degree in ministry related field with an education or youth background or related experience
- 3 – 5 years experience in a multi-staff setting
- Same Biblical foundation and beliefs as LCC
- Man that is married (or engaged to be married)
- Flexible and adaptable to a team ministry approach
- Willing to actively demonstrate a servant-minded heart
- Full time position on the church staff
- Responsible to the Family Minister, who will provide direction and oversight
- Expected to attend staff meetings and meet with the Family Minister regularly concerning the direction of youth programming and ministries
- $ 40K/yr +
- Depending on level of experience and education
- Annual performance and salary review aligned with fiscal year and budgeting process